Scandal alert: St. Philip's Youth Minister is getting arrested...sort of

Thats right. On October 28th I will be arrested at St. Philip's! For good. But not permanently. I am participating in a fundraiser for MDA and Jerry's Kids. I am raising money to help find a cure for muscular dystrophy in all of its many forms. If you do not know about md, it is a nasty disease that eats away at your muscular system and makes your generally weak and unable to function. Unfortunately many of the people that face the disease are children. The money not only goes to find a cure for the different forms of this disease but also for camps and retreats for those who are suffering. This is one way we can be the Church for a group of people who are probably often forgotten in the shuffle. If you are interested in helping out, here is my link: https://www.joinmda.org/roundrock2010/youth


And yes, on October 28th I will be arrested at St. Philip's around lunch time. You are welcome to come watch me get taken to 'jail.'


Thank you and God bless,

David McMinn
Jailbird

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vision 2030: Our Mission

Time to Grow Up

Why a Mission Celebration?