It is worth it

I have to say that I am tired. Probably more tired than I have ever been in my life.  It is totally worth it! As you may know, Sophie Isabel McMinn was born on June 20, 2011 at 11:29am.  She was 7lbs 11oz and 21 inches long!

I spent two glorious weeks at home with the love of my life, Michelle and my other love-Sophie.  I can't tell you how amazing it has been (losing sleep and changing poopy diapers included) to have the opportunity to share this time with my two girls.  Every smile that Sophie makes (even if it is just gas!), every noise and every wiggle has been an incredible joy.  To top it off I have gotten to experience it with Michelle which just magnifies my happiness.

This new life that is so wonderful has me reflecting on one of Jesus' most important tenants-to live in the moment.  We spend so much time worrying about the past or the future that we forget to live today and share the joy of life with God and others!  Jesus teaches us in his famous prayer to ask 'forgiveness of our debts (Matthew 6:12)'-what are we doing with those few lines?  Trusting God with our past.  Letting go of our past mistakes and failures.  We also ask God to 'give us our daily bread (Matthew 6:11)'.  We trust God with our needs, what faces us day to day.  And finally we say 'deliver us from evil (or the evil one) (Matthew 6:13)'. We trust God with our future.  By trusting God with our lives it helps us to live for today and enjoy every smile, wiggle, face and moment with those we care about.  When we live for the moment we are able to participate with God in that divine calling of creating little patches of heaven on earth-As we pray together Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name, your kingdom come,your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. (Matthew 6:9-10).


God help us live in the moment, help us live for you. Amen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vision 2030: Our Mission

Time to Grow Up

Thoughts from the first five chapters of Luke