When faced with evil.

I have to say that when I first heard about the shooting in Sutherland, Texas, that I started to panic. What if this were to happen to my church (for those that don't know, I am the pastor of Rockbridge Church in Cedar Park)? I still have not figured out the answer to that question, and honestly, whatever the answer is, I hope I never have to put it into practice. Right now my heart is broken for this small Texas town and First Baptist Church. My heart is broken for the families who lost loved ones, especially those who lost children to this horrific attack. My heart is even broken for this young man who chose to execute people in a church. My heart breaks for our country that has more gun violence than it should.

I am not going to get into any policy suggestions because frankly, I do not know the answer to how we stop having nearly as many mass shootings as we have days in the year. I do want to be a part of the solution. So I am going to pray, invite dialogue and see where we can go from here. I do recommend that you read this article from the Central Texas Annual Conference of the United Methodist Church that lays out some pretty good ideas.

Please join me in prayer for all of those hurt by this tragedy. Let us also let our prayer lead to action and work together as a nation to prevent more unnecessary loss of life.

Comments

  1. God comfort the heartbroken. Strengthen their faith in thee❤

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Vision 2030: Our Mission

Time to Grow Up

Thoughts from the first five chapters of Luke