The Wesley Challenge


Today we begin a 21-day challenge to grow in our faith at Rockbridge Church. I hope if you have not already signed up that you will join us tonight at 630pm for our first session! John Wesley, an Anglican priest, was the founder of the Methodist movement and he taught the church to consider 21 question to make sure they were focused on God and God's call on their life. This week we are discussing an upward focus on God in our lives. Here are the questions we will be looking at tonight:

1. Is Jesus real to me?
2. Am I enjoying prayer?
3. Do I insist upon doing something about which my conscience uneasy?
4. Did the Bible live in me today?
5. Did I disobey God in anything?
6. Do I pray about the money I spend?
7. Do I give time for the Bible to speak to me every day?

In John chapter 15, Jesus tells his disciples, "I am the true vine, and my Father is the vineyard keeper...Remain in me, and I will remain in you...If you remain in me and I in you, then you will produce much fruit."

The best life that we can live is one that we focus our lives on Jesus because that relationship transforms us into people who are new creations. The goal is to be a small copy of Jesus and make an impact on those you come into contact with.

This is the perfect class to jumpstart your relationship with Jesus! 21 days with a clear focus on who God is, I hope you will choose to join us!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vision 2030: Our Mission

Time to Grow Up

To the Texas Wesley